Under the leadership of the second and third generations of the family, the Foundation has granted over $1 million to non-profit organizations, primarily in the Pacific Northwest. The Foundation awards approximately $100,000 in its annual grant cycle, with an average donation of $7,500.
The Bloomfield Family Foundation has three mission areas:
- To promote and enhance creative opportunities for young people through support for special programs in schools, colleges, libraries, and other educational institutions.
- To foster provision of arts and humanities programs in communities where there is a lack of opportunity to experience them. Examples include music, theater, books, and discussion of ideas.
- To support community-based research or programs and services aimed directly at improving the health and well-being of underserved communities.
Board of Directors
- Jo Mason (President)
- Louise Bloomfield (Secretary)
- Charles Bloomfield (Treasurer)
- Elliot Oberholtzer
- Katherine Bloomfield
- Margaret Bloomfield
The Bloomfield Family Foundation is administered by the Charitable Services Group of US Bank in Portland, Oregon. See the Contact page for further information.